This page contains a rough roadmap of future features for Thrive.
We have a kanban board for concrete issues short(ish) term planning: https://github.com/orgs/Revolutionary-Games/projects/2
These are releases towards more fleshed out microbe stage.
Microbe stage is "finished" focus moves to multicellular.
This is a rough list of features that are planned, suggested or have been discussed in the past and haven't been rejected. Note that none of the listed features are not guaranteed to be implemented, as this list does not include the official plans of Revolutionary Studios, only potential features.
These features are considered but still may not be implemented
- Introduce DonGororo's Report Menu concept (at least partly done?)
- Behavior Editor
- Upgraded/Remodeled Patch Map (procedural generation?)
- Planet Generation and Customization
- Patch terrain generation and differentiation
- Organelle Upgrades
- Allow player to play any species occupied patch upon death/reproduction
- Limit to number of cells engulfed at once
- Rename predatory pili to a more neutral term
- Check and correct for spelling errors in game text (For instance, Bathypalagic in the patch map should be Bathypelagic)
- Improve cell AI
- Implement new damage effects to better convey cell is being harmed
- Improve water currents functionality and visibility
- Auto-Evo non-player species splitting
- Radar in the form of chemoreception part
- Marine snow (already in the game, but a bit broken after change to Godot)
- Organelle unlocking system
- Implement in-game encyclopedia
- Finish Binding Agents
- Implement day/night cycle in the cell stage to help balance photosynthesis
- Implement percentile damage resistance from prokaryotic sources to eukaryotes
- Rework entity movement to be physics based.
- Implement Stamina system and speed boosting.
These features need debating before being moved to the list of main features for implementing
- Damage delay or knockback for offensive pili
- Addition of seperate forms of a cell for lifecycle stages or interchangable "modes"
- Gene Transfer
- Compound Toxicity
- Patch addition or rebalance
- Implement diffusion of compounds and gasses between patches
- Add hydrogenase
- Environmental events
- Mobility altering gas vacuoles
- Launcher for mac (and investigate if we can do code signed builds or not)
- Improved microbe backgrounds
- Toxin system customization and rework
- Rework player starting compounds to allow for more flexibility