Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bacteria will be a big part of the Microbe Stage.
- Bacteria do not evolve, but do reproduce. All bacteria are membrane-enclosed blobs much smaller than eukaryotes.
- Bacteria can be engulfed by microbes. They grant compounds and a small chance to unlock organelles (process known as endocytosis). The organelle unlocked depends on the bacteria.
- Four types of bacteria:
- Phototrophic bacteria / Cyanobacteria - Photosynthesize. Assimilating can unlock chloroplasts.
- Thermotrophic bacteria - Thermosynthesize. Assimilating can unlock thermoplasts.
- Chemotrophic bacteria - Chemosynthesize. Assimilating can unlock chemoplasts.
- Bioluminescent bacteria - Produce light with ATP. Assimilating can unlock bioluminescent organelles.
- Respiring / Aerobic bacteria - Aerobically respire. Assimilating can unlock mitochondria.
- Each type of bacteria has a version with flagella, and one without.
- Presence varies by biome.
- Prokaryotes have simple, unchanging AI. Immobile bacteria are unlikely to have any agency at all.
Is currently undergoing discussion here.