Jump to navigation Jump to search
While we wish to make the game as accurate as possible, for various reasons some inaccuracies have slipped through the cracks. Here is a list of some of the notable ones. Related forum discussion.
- Unrealistic adaptations or mechanics-driven inaccuracies are deviations from what is possible are either mistakes or designed to make the game richer.
- Inaccurate adaptations or simplicity-driven inaccuracies are simplifications of the reality for either computational purposes or simply to avoid a ton of micromanagement because this is unfriendly to most players.
- Color - real cells are clear if they don’t have pigment and are hard to see without dye.
- Binding Agents - they don’t work like in the game, they get produced in the Golgi Body, get sent right to the membrane, and create an extracellular matrix.
- Toxin makes no physical sense whatsoever. Toxin would not be shot in bolts like that without some dedicated mechanism. In reality, the toxin would just be a cloud, or a directed stream (maybe).
- Proteins should be like specks of dust, in-game they are very big.
- Signaling Agent does not exist. At the very least it doesn’t work like in-game. Ever.
- Reproduction - the way it works in-game is incorrect and bad and more resemblant of cancer. Mitosis happens all at once in a very controlled fashion in reality.
- There are tons of microbes in a single place, not a handful.
- Real evolution algorithms are very sophisticated so Auto Evo isn’t the best representation of an Evo sim.
- The world for the microbe stage is 2D.