The Programming Team is the backbone of Thrive, and actively works to expand, maintain, and improve the game. Programming is vital for Thrive's development, as without programmers Thrive would merely be a neat concept to this day. If you are interested in becoming a part of this team, it is imperative that you are able to compile thrive. The most important thing is to read the setup instructions.
There are various ways programmers help develop Thrive.
- Analyze bug reports in order to identify issues.
- Fix bugs and errors in software.
- Introduce new features and mechanics to the game.
- Communicate with players to recognize potential issues.
- Coordinate with other programmers within one project.
Programmers must be able to understand, read, write, and modify code written in the C# coding language. They must also be familiar with how to utilize GitHub in order to properly import changes to the game.
- Ability to understand and write in C#, and to make effective changes to the game.
- Ability to coordinate with other programmers as well as understand and modify code written by others.
- Knowledge of how to use GitHub.
See the category for more pages.
- Testing Checklist for a list of things related to functionality that you should test when making pull requests.
- The style guide at: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/blob/master/doc/style_guide.md